Monday, July 25, 2016

Short trip

So, I haven’t been on here in a while and for that I am sorry. I figured I should post an update where we are in this adventure and lay out a slight change in this blog.

First, the update, I have sourced most of the parts for the two trikes and fabrication is slowly progressing, I am at a point with one trike that I now need suspension parts and those prove to be very expensive or hard to locate. I did manage to find two old mountain bikes with suspension parts but neither one is beefy enough for our purposes. I can however use these parts to mock up the trikes. I have also found a place that sells parts for electric scooters and the suspension parts from them seem to be a better price. I am also waiting for a local machine shop to finish the hubs for these trikes so I can carry on. So, both frames are welded up and now I am just waiting for a few little things to happen so I can properly measure and assemble other parts of the frames.

Now a slight change in direction for this blog. I know that you will get tired of the updates eventually; although if I only post once a month that may not happen. However you would lose interest and stop reading so... Big news! We live lives outside of this trip! I am going to start posting once a week, hopfully on Sunday afternoons. I will be laying out all kinds of stuff, don’t worry I will keep the private parts of our lives just that.

Here is the first bit of news that only a few people know. My lovely wife told me a few months back that she has never been to Whitehorse, Yukon (I drove through in 1999) and she really wants to go. So, in a couple weeks we will be packing up the tent, sleeping bags, chuck box and a bit of food and running off (sans kids) to the Yukon Territories for a week.

Over the next couple weeks I will be prepping all the camping gear and purchasing the consumables (propane, spices etc.) I will make a video of our chuck box so you all can see how ultra organized we are! (Okay, just a wish -- the ultra orginized part anyhow.) I will then put it on YouTube and try to link it to this blog so it will be a one stop shop. I am also going to build a camera mount for the car so I can do a time lapse video of our drive. Then I will have to test out the camera mount and live shooting so, get ready for some videos about that too.

When we are not planning trips and exciting stuff I will just update you all on our lives and other more mudane things. I hopefully will not bore you guys into running away. We do have a few plans for our backyard and such so maybe I will talk more about that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment